Wednesday 6 May 2015

eBay/Amazon Aspesis Safe Disposable Ear Piercing Gun Review

Asepsis-Safe-Ear-Piercing-Gun-Disposable-Body-Ear-Pierce-Kit-With-Ear-Stud-BE2A
Disclaimer: If you do not like body modifications such as piercings or believe that I am stupid for piercing my ears myself do not bother to leave a nasty comment. I heavily researched before doing the piercing. I am not telling anyone that this is the 'right' way to use the guns but this is the way that worked for me and the way that was recommended by the description of the item on eBay. I have not been sponsored to do this review.
 I have recently been very into piercings but only had my first lobe piercings done. I decided to look into doing my ear piercings D.I.Y. in order to save money because I knew that my parents would make me pay for it myself. In my research I discovered that using piercing guns such as the ones at Claire's Accessories are actually very bad for you especially when piercing cartilage as there is a risk of shattering it. I also came across $1 disposable piercing guns each with there own stud on eBay. I ordered six of these as I wanted to do my 2nd and 3rd lobe piercings with them and 2 extra just in case I needed them or they turned out really well.

After just over two weeks they came and I was very excited. I immediately made arrangements so that my mum could pierce them. I had collected all necessary equipment such as hand sanitizer/anti-bacterial soap, medical gloves etc. They came inside individual plastic bags in a sterile air tight packet. They also came with an alcohol prep pad per gun. This is what I used to do the piercing:
  •  Hand Sanitizer
  • Sterile Medical Gloves (Optional)
  •  The provided alcohol prep pads
  • Piercing guns
  • Non-toxic Thin Sharpie (for marking where to pierce; you can use and non-toxic marker)
  1. Sanitize hands with soap or sanitizer
  2. Open alcohol prep pad and thoroughly clean the area that you are going to pierce
  3. Place dot where you would like to pierce with a non-toxic marker
  4. Open up piercing gun package but do not touch gun. Once again sanitize your hands.
  5. Carefully pick up gun (if plunger falls out just place back in) and position it on your ear. Be sure to line it up to both the front and the back of your ear.
  6. Press firmly on the plunger with one hand and hold the gun in place with the other until the earring goes through your ear and you hear a click. Remove the gun.
  7. Congratulations you have a new piercing!!!   Repeat process if you do both ears.
  8. Clean ear up 2-3 times a day using a sea salt soak.
  Overall I would highly recommend this product and for $1 it is fantastic. The pain is maybe a 2/10  but just feels like somebody has pinched your ear hard.
I bought this product at http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Asepsis-Safe-Ear-Piercing-Gun-Disposable-Body-Ear-Pierce-Kit-With-Ear-Stud-BE2A-/231180206822?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_15hash=item35d36a02e6. I hope you enjoyed this review. 

UPDATE(7 WEEKS LATER): Everything is great and they are fully healed. Highly reccomend for those trying to be cost effective. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

The Edible Cookie Dough Cookbook by Olivia Hops

So this might be a bit random, but I feel like 'cookie dough' should be one word. It's a common enough phrase anyw...