Tuesday 7 April 2015

The Duff by Kody Keplinger

 WARNING:THIS BOOK HAS SEXY TIME
 
The Duff by Kody Keplinger is about a DUFF called Bianca. Designated Ugly Fat Friend. Of course, Bianca doesn't know that she's the duff until the disgusting, irritating and utterly irresistible man-whore that is Wesley Rush tells her. Bianca's family life isn't so good and she soon discovers that using Wesley to distract herself isn't the best of ideas when she realizes that she is falling for him.

Kody Keplinger has managed to create a mean-girl type classic for the current generation filling the gap left so empty for too long. Bianca is a  tell-it-like-it-is kind of girl making her likeable and somewhat relate-able. Alike 'Mean Girls' the characters in this book are mostly stereotypes which was fun to read but some of the characters just didn't seem real to me. The ending to the book was satisfying but slightly predictable due to the lead up, I did not however expect Toby's reaction. This novel had me smiling throughout a lot of the book, it was funny and heartwarming. A great read for someone in the mood for a bit of a self esteem boost or general pick-me-up.

I recommend this book to fans of John Green, 'Bring It On' and 'Mean Girls'. I gave this book a 4/5 as I found the novel and its characters fun, enjoyable and well written. I would recommend this book to my friends. Thank you NetGalley, Amazon Kindle, Hatchette and Kody Keplinger for giving me the opportunity to read this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

The Edible Cookie Dough Cookbook by Olivia Hops

So this might be a bit random, but I feel like 'cookie dough' should be one word. It's a common enough phrase anyw...